Menu Bar

Happyness.


This my friends is what it's all about.

"If you want something, go get it. Period."

This trailer explains the mindset of what I believe every person should have. I watched it so many times when I first moved out here because I needed that inspiration. This alone showed me that no matter how hard times get, there is a reason for everything and you will be blessed for your persistence. Tears would fill my eyes every time the words flowed out of his mouth because I felt as though I was in the same state of mind. He had nothing, and he took the chance on the ONE thing he knew he wanted and he felt would change him and his sons life. He pushed himself even when he didn't have a nickel in his pocket, a bed to lay in, or food in his stomach.

This is the definition of dedication and faith.

Then it hit me from a different angle.

Faith.

When I first moved to California, I had plans and a vision in mind and I can tell you one thing, absolutely nothing went the way, I had for many months, sculpted it in my head. I couldn't find a job, I couldn't start school, and I had no friends to talk to about any of it. Then it struck me "Sade, what did you ask for from me....'Lord give me faith of a mustard seed'. Trust me." I asked the Lord this in summer of 2010. In fall of 2010 is when he told me to move to California in a year, fall of 2011...I landed in San Diego. He had got me this far why was I so worried. I of course have seen this movie before, and yes it was inspirational and one of Will Smiths best (of course he is the best actor in the entire world and always will be to me, nothing will change that) but it didn't speak to me how it does now. How I stumbled across this trailer which I haven't seen since the movie had been advertised in about 2007 or 2008, was weird in a sense. I popped The Holiday in one night hoping to do what I do best, which was escaping through a movie, and The Pursuit of Happiness happened to be one of the trailers. I saw this and just broke down because all of a sudden I was Will walking through a crowd of people with everything figured out and me alone, scared, trying to figure out the next thing, clapping my hands with tears rolling down my face, knowing deep in my heart somewhere that everything was going to be okay in the midst of the chaos going through my mind, raw joy was all I had so I had to take hold of it and display it to keep my head above the water.

God was still with me, these are just little reminders he uses to speak to me. To pull me up when I'm cemented in the ground, he yanked me closer to Him more so than I even have realized until this point right here. He continues to show His love for me, and He is still paving the path He wants me to take, while I wait for my next step.

Jeremiah 29:11