Menu Bar

DIY: Chalkboard fun!

I've had a cork-board sitting in my closet for almost 2 years now, it was doing nothing for me. I dreamed up big plans I had for it and I never did anything. Last week I decided, I know what I'm going to do with it... and I'm going to get it done by the end of the week!



Here is what you need:  
  • Hot glue gun
  • Hot glue
  • Clothes pins 
  • Chalk Paint 
  • Paint brush 
  • Paint color of your choice (Sample size container)
    • I went to home depot and looked at their "oops" section and found exactly the color I wanted. It was only .50 cents! 
  • Chalk

Step 1: Since the chalk paint is darker than the paint I used for the border, I painted the board first. I used the entire can of pain on the board. Since it is cork it soaked up the paint pretty quickly. Your board should feel smooth when you are finished. If you can still feel the grains of the board when it dries, then you need another coat. Leave the board to dry overnight.

Step 2: Take apart the clothes pins, so they are completely apart and you can either save or toss the metal piece that holds them together. 

Step 3: Hot glue the clothespins onto the borders of the board. I put two clothespins side by side for my border, as shown: Let the glue dry for about an hour.


Step 4: Now comes the paint color of your choice, I chose a pale blue for my color (I mixed the color I bought with a color I already had). Then paint away!

(Optional) Step 5: After the paint dries on the clothes pins, I roughed it up a bit with some low grade sandpaper because I love the aged look! 


Here you have your very own, homemade chalkboard!






Hope you enjoy this simple DIY, it's a great weekend project! Have a wonderful Sunday lovelies :)