Menu Bar

DIY: Shadow Boxing - wk2

The walls in my room were totally bare, for that reason I had to come up with something. As I hate chords, I equally dislike bare walls. 

In our closet is a slew of wedding gifts that I haven't quite figured out what to do with. The day I finally had an idea ... a picture frame gift set was the perfect match.

The Victim: 



Supplies: 


1. Low-grade sand paper
2. Disposable gloves
3. Wood stain (or paint your choice) 
4. Paper Towel
5. Paint can opener.. or if you're like me and dont have one, a flat head screw driver ;) 

First, I removed the glass and backing of each picture frame. In order to keep track of which glass goes to each frame this is what I did: 


Second, I used the paper towel as a paint brush. I dipped just the tip of the towel into the wood finish and brushed each side with a very light layer.  After all seven had dried, I took the sand paper and roughed up each side to my liking.

Lastly, for the centerpiece I had a Window Frame (can be found at target). I used lace to fill the inside of the window frame instead of a picture (my preference). 

Final: 



I hope you like it! #homedecor #innerdecor