Menu Bar

Childs Play

Tonight a miracle happened. .. Well a miracle for Southern California.

It was thunder and lightning.

I looked outside and saw the rain falling like spears that were mad at the ground. It reminded me of when I was a child. Then I slipped back, I was six years old.

I remember the trees and the smell of must and humidity, the sky looked angry and the trees looked thirsty. There was always that first drop

d

r

o

p


Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain.

I loved it, it made the trees sing with vibrant colors and the grass came to life. That was always my inspiration. Nature. The way it changed, the way it would be summer so hot you couldn't breath and then winter so long you forgot what grass looked like. I remember getting lost in my thoughts so deep that I would hear music in my head as if I was a composer and my life was the soundtrack.

I miss those times.

Creativity was always at my fingertips, and a new idea was always around the corner. They say, as you get older, you have to find inspiration in whatever your surroundings are. You have to go out there and you have to look for it.

 I'm still trying to find mine.